Friday, December 6, 2013

Honolulu Marathon - 2 days to go!

 


Wow! Where did the time go?

Don't get me wrong - I couldn't be more excited that the Honolulu marathon is just 2 days away! Okay - maybe a tad bit nervous too! But who wouldn't be for their first marathon?

Not only first marathon - but first of three in 41 days! (Soon to be Marathon Maniac!)

Tapering messes with you a bit though. It has been 3 weeks since my long 20 miler. I keep trying to remind myself that I need to taper to rest my body and allow it to be ready for the marathon on Sunday. But sometimes I catch myself thinking "It has been 3 weeks since 20 miles - how the heck am I going to pull off 26.2??" I know I got this though. Your mind is a powerful tool when running - and staying positive is the way to go!

I'm ready! I am so excited for all my training this year to pay off and to be able to call myself a marathoner! I am so excited to be able to color in a state on my map of the United States and mark it completed!

Running a marathon has always been on my bucket list. Running a marathon in every state has always been on my bucket list. Although, sometimes, before I really started running - I wasn't sure how possible it would be. But it is possible! I am going to do it!

26.2 miles - I got this!

(Off to the expo now I go!)

No comments:

Post a Comment